Friday, February 27, 2009

Still alive

Hey folks... just wanted you to know that I'm still alive. Been busy is all. But you know how that goes... we're all busy right? Anyway, wanted you to know we had a great Christmas and have begun the new year on a good note. Life is busy being the mom of a 1 and 1/2 year old, but I'm learning new things all the time... particularly how far reaching my patience is!
So in other news, if you hadn't already heard, I quit my wonderful job as a secretary at a large church in Houston to be a stay-at-home mom. It's been weird not having to think about my work responsibilities anymore, and occasionally I ask myself "why did you walk away from such a wonderful place to work with a steady income?" and then I look at my baby girl and begin to survey my life and somewhere in that I hear a still small voice say to me... "because I told you so dear one, remember to trust Me." So I commit once again to trust Him who called me and get back to the task at hand - mommying.
It makes me focus on what's important... finances are such a difficult thing, and so many of us struggle with that issue. I encourage you, if that is something with which you are struggling, TRUST HIM! Whether that means that He has called you to a full-time job with a steady income of not as much as you wished it was, or if you've lost your job or are about to lose it, I exhort you to trust Him! He is ALWAYS faithful.
Well, better go now. Will post some more pics of baby girl Liberty soon. Love to you all.

2 comments:

.:Kathleen:. said...

This is a very uplifting post! I'm glad you are enjoying your time at home. I know my mom LOVED it! See you Sunday!
-Kathleen

Mike Skinner said...

Janelle!! Check out my new blog! ~
mike-skinner.blogspot.com