Tuesday, March 31, 2009

A Visit with Old Friends

Something I love more than anything in the whole world is to visit with old friends... you know the type, the ones you "grew up" knowing, ones that you'll always feel close to whether you see them on a regular basis or not, ones that you always love to spend time with. That is how I feel about my friend Mary and her family. Her mother is my mother's best friend and Mary and I have been "best friends" (or BFF if you will) since 4th grade. Now, I don't think she or I will tell you we are overly close in this stage of our lives given that I live in suburban America and she lives in not-so-suburban Romania - needless to say, we live very different lives. But I will say this, while we might not be "close" in proximity and we might only talk a few times a year and see one another twice or so a year, I will always feel like we're best friends. You don't just live life for someone that long and not feel such tremendous ties to them.
Anyway, we (my mum, Liberty and I) went up to see Mary and her family the day she was leaving to go back to Romania after a short visit to the States. We had a ball! Mary's older sister Lauren was in town with her two precious little boys, Luke and Max. (which I realized after uploading my pics from the day that I didn't get a single pic of Max! Oh no!) Luke just turned 3 and he and Liberty (almost 2 now) hit it off right away. They seemed to have fun together chasing eachother around the house and such. Liberty called him "Woot" (not being able to pronounce "Luke") the whole time - it was so cute. So I've included a few pictures of the day.


Mary and me
(we've been friends for 20 years this year)


Mary and Liberty
(Liberty loved brushing Mary's hair)


Liberty and "Woot"
(Lib running and Luke chasing saying "I'm gonna get you!")



Liberty, Luke and Lauren on the trampoline
(This was Lib's first experience with a trampoline...
she was a little timid, but overall seemed to like it)


Liberty and her new friend "Woot"
(Aren't they SO cute together? Maybe a future husband in the making?)


I thank God for my sweet friends. What a wonderful blessing they are to me!



PS~ Mary, I chose this color font because it made me think of you! You used to love this color... not sure if you still do or not! ha ha!

2 comments:

Georgia said...

Is Liberty's hair GINGER??? It sure looks it in the pictures!

Unknown said...

Cute pictures. Those old friends are so special. It's nice having someone who knows your history. I hope you are doing well!!