



So Tuesday I went strawberry picking with the youth from my church... what fun we had. I still can't believe that between the two of us, Chris and I picked 11 lbs of strawberries! On the way home we saw a patch of wildflowers and since my car had all girls (except Chris who got to be our photographer) we stopped for a photo shoot. I have included some pics for your enjoyment!

So you may be wondering what on earth I'm going to do with 11 pounds of strawberries... glad you asked my friend, glad you asked. I'm going to make jam! I remember as a kid helping my grandma make strawberry jam for my brother and I. And oh how I loved her strawberry jam (and putting that jam on her delicious pikelets)(pikelets are an Aussie thing - they are kinda like mini pancakes but better)! Anyway, so I am going to attempt to make strawberry jam using her recipe. We'll see how it goes. Now for the rest of the berries, I have given some away and have stored some in the freezer for later. In the mean time, we're eating fresh strawberries all the time, we're making smoothies with them, we're putting them in salads, we're putting them with ice cream - whatever we can think of!

1 comment:
i think i ate too many of them...
Post a Comment