I will admit that I was a little disappointed by the how "runny" the jam turned out, but on the other hand, I was THRILLED that all of my jars came out in once piece (no cracks in the glass or anything) and were properly sealed! I did some research online about canning and making jellies/jams and found that my grandmother's recipe was lacking "pectin" a gelatinizing (sp?) ingredient. (things that make you go "hmmm....") (by the way - in case you are curious, this is a great website about canning and pick your own fruits and veggies - although there are many more out there - http://www.pickyourown.org/index.htm) Okay, well, here are a few photos of my experience.



2 comments:
yumm....the jam is really good...
it was kind of odd to see you boiling a bunch of glass bottles...
yumm....the jam is really good...
it was kind of odd to see you boiling a bunch of glass bottles...
Post a Comment