Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Elijah is here!

So this post is way overdue... but here it goes anyway... better late than never eh?

I want to officially introduce my sweet baby Elijah, born Thursday, Jan 21, 2010 at 12:48pm, weighing 8 lbs, 9 oz and measuring 21 inches in length. He is healthy and happy and is such a joy. Liberty loves her new baby brother and begs
to hold him all the time. When he cries, she always looks alarmed and tells me "mommy, get him, he's crying" I guess she figures she'll tell me in case I hadn't noticed or something. ha ha! I'm doing fine other that still a little sore and sleep deprived, but other than that I really can't complain. Chris and my mum have been wonderful and I feel like I'm so spoiled to have such help. Our church family has been awesome too, we've had meals brought to us 4 days a week for the last two weeks! What a blessing!

Thanks to all who prayed for Elijah and for me throughout the pregnancy and have continued to pray for us since his birth. What a treasure to have such friends! And now without further a due here are some pictures of my little fellow.








7 comments:

Beccaboo and family too said...

Congrats honey... HE is BEAUTIFUL! He looks like a little boy in those pictures. Are you sure he is newborn =-). Isn't it amazing how people come together to help. I know I wouldn't have made it either with out family and friends. Having a litte one PLUS a new baby is something totally different. I think ours are the same age apart...a little over 2 years?

Jen Bowers said...

I love the pictures! So happy I get to be around for this one! And omigoodness, Liberty looks so big next to him! Looking forward to my next visit!

Tony and Lindsay said...

Yea for pictures!! He is adorable. Can't wait to meet him in person. I hope you all are feeling better soon! This has been a rough few weeks for yall.
Lindsay

Pmcd said...

Congratulations Janelle, Chris and Big Sis Liberty. Elijah is so beautiful!!! Can't wait to meet that sweet baby in person! Liberty looks adorable and so proud in the pics. Nice work updating your blog - - a very impressive feat anytime, but especially with a newborn!!

Unknown said...

He's precious!

Aileen B. said...

He's beautiful! Congrats! I love the name! Take care and hope to meet him soon.

.:Kathleen:. said...

I'm so happy for you, Chris, and Liberty! Elijah is amazing and It was so awesome having you back at church today!