Hurricane Ike - September 2008
Hello friends and family, I'm here to let you know that all is right and good on the home front. We are safe and sound and we were SO BLESSED to not have gotten substantial damage to our home. Our biggest loss was that out backyard fence was knocked down by the high winds, but other than that we really did not have any damage. We were without power for about 41 hours, but that is now fixed. The other blessing that God has sent our way is some absolutely gorgeous weather! Yesterday, was beautiful, today is too, and tomorrow is supposed to be as well. It is our first cool front of the season and the sun is out, the temps are lovely, and the humidity is almost non-existent. Thanks be to our Father God for giving that to our city when so many do not have air conditioning right now. (they are estimating that some may continue to be without power for another 3 weeks)Anyway, that is all for now... there is so much to tell that I can't put it all into a blog post. Below I have included a radar image of the storm about to hit. (image compliments of wikipedia) If you are interested in learning more about this or other major storms, you can go to www.stormpulse.com . Thanks again for being my loyal readers.
2 comments:
I'm glad the house is good and that you got power back. I just got power this morning! I was so excited! :)
You're lucky...my parents were out of electricity for a week. I'm glad everything is good with y'all!
Post a Comment