Friday, March 09, 2007

Babymoon 2007!

Ok, so I know I haven't posted in a while, but I have been waiting for several things to happen before I did. Now, about two weeks ago Chris and I went on what's called a "Babymoon." (the idea is that a couple would go off on a retreat to spend some time together alone without the craziness of life and relax one last time before their baby is born - WONDERFUL idea whoever thought of it - I highly recommend it if you get a chance)
Anyway, Chris and I thought of a number of different options but finally settled on going to a Bed & Breakfast out in the hill country of Texas (about 3 1/2 hours from home). We went to a precious little B&B in Canyon Lake. Our room had a terrific view of the valley and part of the lake, the food was great, the service was fantastic, and overall it was a wonderful experience!
We got there late Thursday night and stayed through Saturday. Friday we had a leisurely morning with breakfast, we went outside on the property and fed the deer, walked around a little, and then went back to our room to read and relax for a while. In the afternoon we headed out to San Marcos to have lunch with a friend, Alex, who attends Texas State Uni. and to go shopping at the San Marcos outlet mall. Lunch was great with Alex - we went to Zuko's burrito place and had delish monster-sized burritos. (hmmm, now that I write that I wish I was having a burrito now... ugh, these pregnancy cravings drive me nuts!) And after that, we spent the remainder of the day shopping.
Breakfast on Saturday morning was great and so was the company - all the guests eat breakfast together - then we packed up, checked out and headed for the lake. We drove about 10 mins to get down to the lake. We parked and got out to walk around. The day was absolutely perfect! Temperature was nice with a cool breeze (well, ok, more like a "knock-you-over gust of wind" but hey let's not be picky shall we?) , the sky was blue and the sun was brilliant. After walking around for a while, we got on the road to head home. Overall, it was just a wonderful weekend... Chris and I talked the whole way home about how we wished we were spending the whole WEEK there instead of just the weekend. We definitely plan to go again sometime.
Lastly, here are some pictures of the trip for your enjoyment!

This is what the room looked like when you first walk in the door


This is a little alcove that separated the room from the bathroom... during the day the view from these windows was amazing!

This is the bathroom...
I know guys don't really understand this, but girls, you know we get curious about this sort of thing.
(the toilet was through the double doors behind me in the pic and the double sinks were in front of me)

Chris & me in front of the fireplace in our room (too bad you can't see the fire!)

Chris and I thought it so fun that they provided complimentary bathrobes! Ha!
We never actually used them, but felt it would be a shame not to ever even try them on, so we did and took a picture to prove it!

Me with the bucket of deer corn to spread on the grass

The deer eating the deer corn spread on the grass

Us on the deck at the back of the house watching the deer eat the corn.
(can you tell we were quite fascinated with the deer?)

The fantastic view of the valley and part of the lake taken from our private deck.
(and me looking pregnant)

Chris at the water's edge of Canyon Lake.
(who knew there was a lake in Texas that had blue water instead of brown?)

Ok, so, the "knock-you-over gust of wind" I was telling you about... look at our hair!
(no, we don't normally wear our hair like that)


This was the view taken from the top of a lookout made by the Army Corp of Engineers.
There was a nice little park and it had this wonderful view so we decided to take the photo opp.

Well, hope you enjoyed the Babymoon recap with pictures. We will soon be starting work on the nursery so when we get that in progress I will update with pics. Until then!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think the "Babymoon" was an absolutely wonderful idea. I am going to have to get the name of that bed and breakfast from you. I would love to go there with Jas and also to send my parents up there. They love taking pics and would be a nice retreat for them. And your pregnant belly is just too cute!!It defintely suits you well.

Rebecca said...

I love that pic of you by the tree - super super cool! You should frame it!