Saturday, April 08, 2006

Making It...

Okay, so I haven't posted in over a week... sorry 'bout that. I've been super busy at work and when I get home it's either really late and so I have to get things ready for the next day and then it's time to go to bed... or I'm plum tuckered out from the day's events and couldn't be bothered with posting. In any case, I'm back, and that's all that matters.
So today is Saturday and it was wonderful to sleep in... it's too bad that I totally forgot about going to a bridal shower... the shower was at 10am and I was still in bed at 9:45ish when a friend called to ask me if I was still planning on going. I told her I was still in bed and wouldn't be able to make it. I felt horrible not going, but my body has been in revolt against me due to the amount of things I subject it to on a daily basis... so I figured it was more important to stay home than continue to "war" against my poor ailing tired body. I got up had a leisurely breakfast, read for a while and then began to work on the mound in my closet that is my laundry. (I was out of town last weekend and didn't do any laundry so it has really made a small mountain in my closet). It's 9:30 at night now and I'm still working on it! Yuck!
On the bright side, I'm happy to say that my yard is spick and span now. Chris did wonders with the lawn by mowing, weed-eating, and blowing; while I worked on the plant beds in the front yard. I weeded (yuck!), trimmed up some dead leaves off the plants and then planted some flowers in the beds so it would have some color. I have to say Chris and I make quite a team... I also have to say that yard work is HARD!
Tomorrow will prove to be interesting I'm sure. It's Palm Sunday this week and we are taking the congregation outside for worship. We've never done this before, but since we have the new portable sound system, it makes it possible. We are supposed to get there early to set up and we are praying for no rain. (today was beautiful - gorgeous clear blue skies with a nice breeze and temps in the mid 70's) Hopefully tomorrow's weather will echo today's.
Can't beleive it's already here but two weeks from today my mum will be home from Australia! YEAH! The time went so quickly while she was away... Daniel will be staying for school, but will be home in June... I can't wait to see and hug both of them.
Okay, well I think that about does it for updates... not much else going on at the moment, just living life and staying busy... hopefully one day the busyness will stop. Until then, I'm off to do another load of the endless laundry!

No comments: