Saturday, March 25, 2006

Ouch! That hurt!

So this week has been absolutely crazy at work. We are moving a 40-50 person staffed office to another location, and the ministry I work with is also moving across campus. It has been nuts. It was all very predictable but that didn't make it any less stressful. My boss was on edge, I had way too much to do and not enough time to do it, and it was really cold this week (unseasonably cold) which made me bitter about getting out of bed in the morning. But HALLELUJAH! I made it through! And a bonus was that at the end of the week I found out the our H.R. dept had decided that since the movers would be moving stuff on Monday, that we would just get in their way if we were there so she told us to take the day off! YEAH for ME! I could really use a day off.
Friday night was fun. I went to a friend's house and hung out and did girlie stuff. We washed our faces and tried out some new skin care products that a friend of hers is selling. I tried a mask on my face and followed up with some sort of night cream. I liked it, though not enough to pay almost $55 for the combination of the wash, mask, and cream! I think I'll definitely stick with Melalueca's skincare line - great quality -reasonable prices! But never the less, I had a really good time and enjoyed meeting a couple of new people.
But here is the reason for the title... I decided that I was going to try waxing today. I went to salon near the house, and for a small fee they will wax your legs (or anything else you wish). I chose to only do half my legs (from the knee down). Can I just say... OUCH! That hurts! Supposedly it will keep you from having to shave for several weeks, we'll see. But the worst part is that when I got home I realized that they'd missed some spots! Darn that! If I'm going to endure such pain I at least want a good job done - a thorough job. good grief. Oh well. If it turns out that I really enjoy not shaving for a couple of weeks than I may try it again (but at a different salon) and I'll know to make sure they get it all. I also got a pedicure - at least that was nice... I got to sit in one of those massage chairs while she worked on my toes. I love a good massage.
Ok, well, now I've shared all... probably more than you wanted to know so I think I'll go now. Hurray for Saturdays!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hmmm...i am also thankful you had the day off...lots of cleaning got done!
now, if only we could get all mondays off...hmmm...